Do you want to be a bigger part of the knitting/crochet community? Have you lost your knitting mojo and want to be inspired? Do you have huge yarn stash and have no idea what to do with it? Want to knit all of the things and need a bit of help? This class is for you.
If you knit or crochet – chances are you’ve heard of Ravelry. But did you know it’s more than just a place to look up patterns? There’s so much more to Ravelry that you might not know about and this class will help you uncover all that’s available.
If you’re just starting to knit or crochet – this class will show you how to use the basics of Ravelry to help you find patterns and get help from other knitters/crocheters from all over the world.
If you feel you like you already “know Ravelry” this class will push you out of your comfort zone – showing you all the hidden tips and tricks to make you even more advanced at your craft.
With over 800,000 patterns available, we’ll teach you the basics about how to find your next project pattern as well as diving deeper into the more advanced functions of searching.
But there’s so much more! Other topics to go over:
- showing you ALL the different ways you can search for patterns and projects (there’s more than just one way!)
- using the yarn database and how it can help you with your own projects
- entering your ‘stash’ to help keep your organized and inspired
- showcasing and setting up your own projects in your notebook – and explaining why you want to do so
- finding and participating in Ravelry communities (project support, design inspirations, contests, destashing and swapping)
After this class you’ll be much more confident using Ravelry. Come discover this wonderful hub of inspiration and community!
Skill Level & Pre-Reqs: Brand new beginner and up
Required/Recommended Materials: An internet enabled device (tablet or laptop preferred)